This unit standard provides a broad introduction to the archiving of information in a business environment. The focus is knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learner`s own context and experience of the world of work.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Storing and retrieving information using an established storage system
- Filing paper-based or electronic documentation or books, magazines and other reference material
- Booking items in and out of the system and tracing missing items
- Classifying and cross-referencing simple information
- Understanding the significance of maintaining confidentiality